Interested in helping young people have a say and be heard on TfL’s programmes and campaigns?
Want to share your views with decision-makers and experts at TfL and give young people a voice?
Want to help improve services for young Londoners and develop your skills?
Transport for London (TfL) is looking for young people to join their Youth Panel – a group of young people aged 12 to 25 who inform and influence TfL’s initiatives and campaigns.
What does it involve?
You will become a valued part of TfL, one of the world’s largest transport authorities, and support our goal to keep London working, growing and make life in our city better. You will also gain valuable experience in team work and leadership.
The role of a TfL Youth Panel member is to:
- Give your views, as a young person, on our programmes and campaigns and share these with decision-makers within TfL
- Share information with young people and your networks and champion our campaigns, such as the teen road safety campaign
- Represent the Youth Panel at events
- Showcase the Youth Panel’s work and support the organisation of the annual Youth Participation Day event
Youth Panel Members also appoint a Chair and Vice Chair from within the panel.
The Panel meet every two months at our offices in central London. Travel expenses are covered and refreshments are provided. The first meeting of 2016 will be on Friday 19 February from 4.30pm to 7.30pm.
Who is eligible to apply?
You must be:
- Aged 12 – 25
- Living in London or use TfL services frequently
- Able to commit to attending Youth Panel meetings
- Committed to getting young people’s voices heard
How are Youth Panel members chosen?
Applications will be considered by the current Chair and Vice Chair of the TfL Youth Panel and the TfL staff that support the Youth Panel. Applicants will be told whether they have got a place on the Youth Panel by Wednesday 10 February 2016.
How do I get involved?