The Foyer Federation’s Investor group is made up of 12 partners and housing associations from across the UK who are committed to making a transformational impact by investing in and forming part of the Foyer Federation’s innovation process.
Investors work with the Foyer Federation by identifying opportunities for support and innovation for the year ahead, alongside national areas explored through the group, which meets at least twice a year.
Our collaboration can include work on shaping new test-beds for our innovative programmes or replicating previous models, quality development and recognition for Foyers and other integrated service provision, workforce development and training support, consultancy on new services and advice on a range of policy and strategic issues.
Benefits of membership of the Investor group include:
- Participating in the development and delivery of innovative provision;
- Influencing the focus on service reform and innovation;
- Capacity building for demonstrating impact;
- Priority access to funding, networking, promotional and training opportunities;
- Higher levels of contact with the Foyer Federation’s senior team and partners;
- Learning from a network of peers sharing practice and innovation;
- Discounted places at events;
- Contributing to the strategic direction of the Foyer Federation.
The cost of membership of the Investor group is currently being reviewed. The fee can be negotiated with a member of the Foyer Federation’s senior team based on what the Investor organisation would like to achieve through a closer working relationship with us. The investment is made in the Foyer Federation’s innovation function through a tailored package of support and partnership working, which can, in agreed circumstances, include in-kind resources, other support or fees for the Foyer Federation services such as Foyer membership.
Investor group membership
Current members of the Investor group are:
- Axiom Housing Association
- DCH Group
- Pobl Group
- Forum Housing
- CCP (County Community Projects)
- Look Ahead Care and Support
- CHADD (Churches Housing Association of Dudley & District)
- SAHA (Salvation Army Housing Association)
- Sanctuary Housing Association
- Your Housing Group
- YMCA Derbyshire
Example ‘test-beds’ developed with Investors over the last few years have included:
- The development of ‘Open Talent’ youth-led provision through funding from Virgin Unite, the Department for Education, and Monument Trust;
- Working with the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) who have funded services to develop our ‘Working Assets’ model in partnership with companies from the automotive industry such as BMW, Toyota and Ford;
- Partnering on development and delivery on the Big Lottery funded practical and experiential Pop Up Talent employability initiative for young people;
- Acting as hubs and leading on the roll out of our Big Lottery funded asset based Healthy Conversations programme;
- Using the Foyer Status Mark and TalentS quality framework to develop and accredit new service models, including a peer-assessment training programme for senior staff to learn how to undertake Foyer accreditation’s;
- Leadership development programmes to invest in inspiring managers and practitioners.
Current areas include:
- Opportunity to join the reclaimed Foyer offer development group involving engagement with the Foyer Federation’s senior team;
- Being the first to test the new quality assurance framework;
- Partnership working on local and national fundraising opportunities;
- Working at a national level to create the environment for the offer to succeed and working with Government to see the offer as a solution for the 2017 Youth Obligation.
The Foyer Federation will approve each new Investor based on commitment to quality and innovation and interest in engaging in the work of the group. For further details and to discuss your interest in becoming an Investor, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 430 2212